Peoria has been a favorite destination for circuses for more than 160 years. Arriving by wagon, then steamboat and finally by railroad and truck, hundreds of circuses large and small have come and gone.
The Steel House Revival project reached another milestone, as workers with the Hot Scotsmen Fine Art Foundry removed the R.G. LeTourneau statue from the spot in Glen Oak Park where it has stood since dedicated in 1988.
Scraps of documents and photos uncovered while researching "Legends of Grandview Drive," including WMBD history, Teddy Roosevelt's 1910 visit to Peoria, and Grandview's old observation tower (1905-1942).